25 January 2014

Red Barn Fix


At long last I was able to fix the roof on this Red Barn painting that I started oh-so-long-ago.  I'm much happier with it now!  It's funny how at the time I paint something, I can't see the problem, though I know something is wrong.  Yet coming back to it much later, it just jumps out.  I also added some shadowing around the roof to give it more dimension.  Looking at it now that I've posted it here, I need to add some shadow to the roof under the greenery as well.  Then it will be ready to frame!  

Red Barns ~ Summer
Here is the way it used to look.  You can see why the lower edge of the roof was bothering me!

FYI, this is the second in a series of four seasonal barns that I've been working on.  Next up is the Winter scene, which I hope to start once I finish Jacque Peak.  

2 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Lisa, your work is so lovely!

Mertie said...

I'm sure you know this but thought I would mention it... When looking at your work, turn your back to it holding a mirror in your hand, aimed at the painting. For do e reason, problem areas tend to jump out.
Your work both painting and stitching, is lovely!